Friday, July 2, 2010

Diary-6: Taking off my skin

Yes! I have figured it out. It’s chocolate cakes and it’s not mirage. It’s just that we forget to heal the pain before getting hurt again. And if only we gave ourselves the chance to heal, we wouldn’t have had to use too much bandages, covering the wounds on the surface, never knowing how deep was the wound and how would it affect our next encounter!


“I haven’t noticed this happening to me,
It was too quick, it was invisible,
After each wound, I used to place a bandage,
This is what I learnt to do, this is what they told me
I thought this is the most right thing to do
To stop bleeding, not to lose much of me,
And I had lots of bandages, with different shapes and materials
Finding the right bandage for the right wound is an art I used to excel at,
When I ran out of bandages, I would go do anything just to have one
I turned crazy, I turned into an addict,
Who might hurt herself only to feel bandages on her skin,
Cover your bleeding, look good with a bandage than a pierce, and move on with your life
This is what I used to tell myself and this is what I used to do
Till one day came, and I found bandages all over my body,
Can’t see a tiny space of my real skin,
It didn’t look good, it didn’t feel good,
Trying to take off the bandages…ouchhhh it hurts too much
But I have to; I don’t like myself like that
I found my fragile, wounded skin still bleeding,
I found it damaged,
I found it dying,
I discovered I forgot to purify my wounds, I overlooked healing them,
Tissues are dead, cure is hopeless,
I just have to take off my skin”

Help … I’m in a coma

No comments:

Post a Comment