Thursday, July 22, 2010

Turning the page

“It’s never easy to turn on the page,
To admit that it’s a past tense,
And when we’re strong enough to turn it,
We might not be strong enough to stick there, in the new page

It’s like the past keeps chasing us,
Chasing us away from our dreams,
Away from our present,
Away from the happiness we deserve

Holding us from seeing through life
It’s like a cloud blocking the sun
A playhouse curtain,
Hindering us from seeing the play…..our life

We escape and run and run and run,
In the hopes that we can detach,
Or that it might return,
But nothing happens…
We just stay there…somewhere between the past and the present
Being here, but living there”

But as soon as turning the page…if I could do it, I find myself in a new page but which is not quite different than the last one…I slip quietly into the realm of my own. Is that really me? Or just someone else I don’t know!

1 comment: